Tonight, millions of people around the globe will unite in switching off their lights for one hour to show that they care about our living planet. It’s as simple as a flick of the switch!
When the sandstorms in Beijing, when news of the pollution of Taihu Lake, when the snowstorm, drought wreak havoc frequent extreme weather, when the accelerating global warming, the rapid melting of Antarctic ice, my dear friends, you may have thought with their own modest living for our earth to do something?
At 8.30pm today join millions of people around the world and take part in the first ever global election, between Earth and climate change. This is also the first time the activity spread to China!
Earth Hour 2009 invites communities, business and governments to switch off lights for 1 hour and send a message that we need to take action on global warming. This is a video to promote the activity:
By then, more than 3000 cities will turn off lighting, the expression of “Energy-saving emission reduction, climate change” the human voice. Global relay event will be start tonight, if you are in China, please lights out at 8:30 GMT!
In China, there’re also many cities announced to join the activity, such as Beijing, Hongkong, Nanjing, Dalian, Baoding. A few days ago, Shanghai Municipal People’s Government also announced to join the activity, when landscape outside the city government office building will be closed, Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund, People’s Square will be “lights out” for one hour, take concrete actions to advocate energy-saving emission reduction, joint response to global warming.
Events initiated by the WWF appealed to the public that during the event turn off the lights at home , to experience a special one-hour!If you feel bored, you can:
- take part in the local “Earth Hour” campaign, or own to open a “Earth Hour” party, inviting neighbors to take part in;
- called friends and family, enjoy the picnic in the park under the night, enjoy the stars;
- enjoy a candlelight dinner at home;
- to organize a treasure hunt in the dark trip;
- go out strolling with a dog at night;
- bathed in candlelight to relax;
- everyone sitting in the dark, with story-telling
- to organize a family night, playing chess or playing games;
- with the lover to a romantic evening;
- with the camera records it happened an hour of stories, and upload it to www.flickr.com/groups/earthhour2009glob-al/, to share with others.
Local time at 8:30 p.m. on March 28, 2009, no matter which corner of the world you are！你可能喜欢的博文：